RE: XQuery as a multidatabase language

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:10:38 +0200
To: andreas jacobsen <andreas.jacobsen@rasmus.uib.no>, www-ql@w3.org

> My current conclusion is that XQuery can access several
> XML-documents, but
> does that it does not offers any means to resolve differences such as
> differences such as homonyms and synonyms in the mark-up.

There's a lot that is allowed to happen outside the conformance boundary of
an XQuery language system: in that sense there are things that XQuery
doesn't provide but doesn't prevent either. For example, XQuery requires all
the documents in the same namespace to use the same schema, but there is
nothing to stop you aliasing the namespaces, or for that matter the local
names, at the time you build the data model.