RE: XQuery and relational databases...

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 15:21:32 +0100
To: Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@datadirect-technologies.com>, Jim Melton <jim.melton@acm.org>, Nitin Mangtani <nitinm@bea.com>
Cc: Michael Burbidge <mburbidg@adobe.com>, www-ql@w3.org

> We need use cases so that we know what problems we need to
> solve when we
> get around to this in Level 2.

You should start with the grouping use cases collected by Steve Muench at
[1] (I don't think this was the final compilation, but it's the best I could
find in a quick search of the archives).

These use cases, incidentally, were not invented artificially, they were
abstracted from problems supplied by real users.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xsl-wg/2001Feb/0010.html