Re: meaning of (salary, bonus)

The context node/item can be bound in the dynamic environment
by the query environment (e.g., in an API call or via
some interface provided by the query processor).  The expression
below will raise an error if the context node is not bound,
but will evaluate to (child::salary, child::bonus) otherwise.

--
Mary Fernandez, Principal Technical Staff Member
AT&T Labs - Research, 180 Park Ave., Room E243, Florham Park, NJ