From: www-ql-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ql-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of
Mark R Maxey
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 11:13 AM
To: www-ql@w3.org
Cc: Mark_R_Maxey@raytheon.com
Subject: xf Namespace

XQuery/XPath issue 228 & XSLT issue 155 state that built-in functions
are in the F&O namespace with no controls on changing that namespace.
In the 11/15/02 draft, I assumed that "xf" was used to refer to this
namespace (though, it was not listed among the predefined namespaces in
Namespace Declarations
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-xquery-20021115/#id-namespace-decls> ).

While I was looking at the 5/2/3 XQuery Use Cases 1.9.4.3 Q3
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xquery-use-cases-20030502/#d0e2160> , I
noticed that built-in string manipulation function "starts-with" was
qualified with the "xf" namespace.  Is this a typo or is this still
necessary?  Did one of the imports change the default namespace for
built-in functions?  If "xf" is still a valid namespace, then shouldn't
it be added to the list of predefined namespace in the 5/2/3 Namespace
Declarations <http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/#id-namespace-decls> ?