From: Massimo Marchiori [mailto:massimo@w3.org]
Sent: 07 April 2003 13:52
To: msert@baskent.edu.tr; Www-Ql@W3. Org
Subject: Fwd: XQuery for MPEG-7

[Dear Mustafa, I'm forwarding your question to www-ql@w3.org
<mailto:www-ql@w3.org>  , the forum for XQuery's discussion, as this is an
interesting use case.]

In general, I think your question could be replied as: operationally, there
would be the need for a wrapper (and, although this is a very interesting
application, I don't think anybody tried to tackle this yet).
The second point is the expressive power of XQuery wrt the MPEG-7 DDLs, i.e.
what kind of "meaningful" queries can be supported using XQuery on DDLs.
That's also a very interesting use case, worth mentioning in the public.

XQuery folks, any idea / related work? This could be a potentially nice
application of XQuery in multimedia.

-M

Hi to everybody,
I would like to ask a very short question about the XQuery/XPath
supporting of the XMLDB.

Could you please inform me or direct me for supporting?

That is;

I would like to learn if I can perform complex similarity query operations
on a XML (infact MPEG-7 DDLs) form Audio/Visual meta-data using
XQuery/XPath?

Forexample:

1) "List of all the programmes from my favourite radio channel,
    along with their broadcast time, and the first two minutes but music"

or

2) "List of all the speaking that speaks a specific person before another
    specific person"

Does XML Query language XQery/XPath, directly support/provide such kind of
queries?

Best Regards,

Mustafa SERT, Instructor
Department of Computer Engineering