  From: Chen Ya Bing
  To: TAN Kuan Hui
  Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 16:25 PM
  Subject: Re: define views using xquery

  since I don't find  a system which support filter function, I did not test the xquery.

  the SQL equivalent depends on how we store the document into database.

  the simplest one may be: spj(jno, sno, pno, price)
  select jno, sno, pno, price
  from spj
  where price > 100

  it is much easier than XQuery.

  for the algebra, I mean if I use algebra to express the view, it may be simplier.