RE: implementer's diversity

From: Bas de Bakker <bas@x-hive.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:52:38 +0200
To: "Howard Katz" <howardk@fatdog.com>
Cc: <www-ql@w3.org>

Howard Katz wrote:

> As I said, it depended on the particular environment. I don't
> believe any of
> the vendors (except myself! :-) accept a naked "//" for the top-level
> context.

As a matter of fact, we do.  But in that case the search starts at the
document or collection (what we call a 'library') that you called the
query on.  (In our API, executing a query is a method on those objects.)
In our online demo, that I presume you used, the query is executed on an
arbitrarily chosen document, which happens not to be the one you wanted.

Try executing the trivial query "/" to see what I mean.

Bas de Bakker
X-Hive Corporation