Re: my de-spammed index to www-xml-query-comments has moved

Andrew Watt wrote:

> MichaelDyck@shaw.ca writes:
>
> > Back on Sept 13th, Paul Cotton said that the XML Query WG were going
> > to investigate the possibility of making www-xml-query-comments@w3.org
> > a monitored list, to eliminate future spam. How's that going?
>
> The XQuery list on YahooGroups.com is already "monitored".
>
> I am a member of quite a number of YahooGroups.com mailing lists and
> spam is virtually non-existent. And I am referring to groups that are
> much much busier than the XQuery group has been so far.

It sounds like you're suggesting that the XML Query WG move
www-xml-query-comments to YahooGroups. While that would probably
eliminate the spam, it seems very unlikely that they would do it.
It's an official channel for comments on the XQuery specs, so I
don't think the W3C would want to farm that out to some other service.

-Michael Dyck