Concern: XQuery <> valid XML

From: Jeff Chapman <Jeff.Chapman@pervasive.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:01:16 -0600
To: www-ql@w3.org
Indeed if I wrap XQuery expressions in CDATA sections, then I can store them
as plain text.  I'm hoping for something a bit more useful.  For example, I
would like to be able to build XML-based logic that can dissect and assemble
XQuery expressions using normal XML tools/logic--the kind of things we can
now do with XML Schemas that are not all that easy with DTDs.

I understand that this is not 'the' problem that XQuery is trying to solve.
My hope is that it will not become the problem that XQuery creates.

Cheers,
Jeff