Which query language to use for XML?!

From: Davy Toch <datoc@gengenp.rug.ac.be>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 10:23:28 +0200
To: www-ql@w3.org
Hello,

I have a small question. I'm working on a thesis which involves
extracting data from an xml-data file. This extraction needs to be done
with Perl (scripting language), which has support for querying with XQL,

XPATH, .... My problem is which querying language to use (XQL, XPATH,
XML-QL, ...), because they all seem to do the same thing, that is
querying XML-documents.

Thanks in advance.

Davy Toch
DEPARTMENT OF GENETICS                         Fax:32 (0)9 2645349
UNIVERSITY OF GENT, K. L. Ledeganckstraat 35, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie                           VIB
mailto:datoc@gengenp.rug.ac.be      http://plantgenetics.rug.ac.be