Re: Little issue about CSS standard

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:50:19 +0900
Cc: <www-qa@w3.org>
To: Javier Segura <ing_javsegura@hotmail.com>

Hello Javier,

On Feb 2, 2008, at 14:00 , Javier Segura wrote:

> Hello, my name is Javier, I'm from Argentina, and I have a question
> for you.. I'm developing a web site, and I'd like to make a valid
> CSS code, as XHTML that works for all browsers. The problem, is that
> I want to use alpha tranparency or opacity respectively and I found
> that they are both not valid  CSS attributes

[snip]

Try looking at the 'opacity' property and the 'rgba()' color values in
CSS3. I think you'll see that CSS development is going in the right
direction on opacity/transparency.

Note that you can tell the CSS validator to check stylesheets against
CSS3 by using the "more options" menu.

regards,
--
olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier/