Re: QA and current state of XML schemas for XHTML?

Le 2 mars 2007 à 10:48, olivier Thereaux a écrit :
> On Feb 21, 2007, at 19:10, Alexandre Alapetite wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/mid/000001c6b374$c468ab50$f9043f50@athlon1100
>> One simple suggestion would be to provide a visible link (close to
>> the
>> top) from the various W3C recommendations to a full and up-to-date
>> list of known bugs and suggestions (if any) regarding only this
>> specific recommendation.
>
> I agree.
>
> Many specifications have an "errata" link from their status section
> when they have reached recommendation maturity level.
> e.g http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/
> see also http://www.w3.org/TR/#Recommendations

There was a time where I thought that collecting issues list and
adding it to the QA Matrix would be worthwhile. I think I will try to
encourage WGs with my QA hat to put a link to the issues list in the
status section. I do not see drawbacks for doing this, but maybe some
people will think of issues with this method.

Some WGs have also put the list of issues and/or flag the issues in
context. It can be helpful but can be out of date too, except if the
document is not in the TR/ space and is change in real time.

> I am not aware of a written rule that forces working group to have
> such links. That could be a suggestion to greatly enhance 1) the QA
> process for the specs and 2) the messaging that there *is* a
> quality process...
> Karl, this is worth taking to the chairs, no?

Yes definitely.

so let's see.

1. The QA matrix [1] For each WD, link to the issues list
2. Issues in context for a WD in TR/
3. List of issues in a section for a WD in TR/
4. Links in context to the relevant issues in a list outside of the WD
5. Link to the issues list in the status section of the WD.

Alexandre, which one(s), do you prefer? more usable from a developer
point of view.

[1] http://www.w3.org/QA/TheMatrix

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***