Re: QA and current state of XML schemas for XHTML?

[I am moving this to www-qa, which focus is closer to the topic. qa-
dev is for (mostly tech) discussion on tools development]

Hello Alexandre.

On Feb 21, 2007, at 19:10, Alexandre Alapetite wrote:
http://www.w3.org/mid/000001c6b374$c468ab50$f9043f50@athlon1100
> One simple suggestion would be to provide a visible link (close to the
> top) from the various W3C recommendations to a full and up-to-date
> list of known bugs and suggestions (if any) regarding only this
> specific recommendation.

I agree.

Many specifications have an "errata" link from their status section
when they have reached recommendation maturity level.
e.g http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/
see also http://www.w3.org/TR/#Recommendations

Others, while the spec is still work in progress, link to a list of
known issues
e:g http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xinclude-20000717#open-issues

I am not aware of a written rule that forces working group to have
such links. That could be a suggestion to greatly enhance 1) the QA
process for the specs and 2) the messaging that there *is* a quality
process...

Karl, this is worth taking to the chairs, no?
--
olivier