RE: RSS 1.0: problems with feed, validator, CPAN module or specification?

Hi Olivier, Sam
   Many thanks for your speedy response to my query, identifying the problem
and deployed a fix.  Much appreciated.
   However as validators are of such importance to W3C and as the QA group
has an interest in the QA processes for ensuring standards and (I assume)
related applications such as validators, I think it would be useful to
identify what went wrong in this case and what can be done to make
improvements  (note a colleague who is a software developer felt that most
developers wouldn't have such a faith in validators as I do - but if you
can't trust the validators, what's the point of validation?).
   I appreciate that this may be overstating things - and in terms of the
speed of the response, the system is working fine.
   Anyway I've written something about this at:

http://ukwebfocus.wordpress.com/2007/02/07/validators-dont-always-work/

Comments welcome.

Thanks

Brian
Brian Kelly
UKOLN, University of Bath, BATH, UK, BA2 7AY
Email: B.Kelly@ukoln.ac.uk
Phone: +44 1225 383943