Re: HTTP RFCs as RDF Classes

Hi shadi,

Very short and quick comment, maybe more will come later.

Le 06-05-11 à 23:17, Shadi Abou-Zahra a écrit :
> Since this work may be useful to other groups, we would like to
> have your feedback and input before publishing these notes. Please
> provide us (public-wai-ert@w3.org) with any comments by Friday 2nd
> June, or let me know if you intend to provide comments after this
> period.
>
> Here are the relevant documents (they are pretty short):
>
> * HTTP in RDF, 8 May 2006, Editors' Note
> <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/WD-HTTP-in-RDF-20060508>
>
> * RDF822 in RDF, 2 May 2006, Editors' Note
> <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/WD-RFC822-in-RDF-20060502>

The two titles are misleading and/or might lead to misunderstanding
if not rants from people. I suspect some people will think on the
line "Oh noooo… they decided now to make HTTP inside RDF over HTTP."

which is not the case.

And your abstract does a better job if people are willing to read it
after the title ;)

[[[
The identification of resources in the Web via URIs [RFC3986] may not
be sufficient to uniquely resolve a document as other factors might
come into play like HTTP content negotiation according to pre-defined
user characteristics. This issue is particularly important for
conformance testing, conformance claims and reporting languages like
the Evaluation and Report Language (EARL, [EARL Schema]) when they
address Web resources. This document describes a representation of
HTTP concepts in RDF that will serve to the purpose mentioned
earlier, as it can allow the identification of resources served via
the HTTP protocol. The proposed vocabulary also includes HTTPS and
some extensions to HTTP outside the standard RFCs.
]]]

-- HTTP in RDF
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/WD-HTTP-in-RDF-20060508
Tue, 09 May 2006 06:27:48 GMT

So I would suggest something like

"Representation of HTTP concepts in RDF"
"HTTP vocabulary in RDF"
"HTTP Taxonomy in RDF"

etc.
Same for RFC822.