Re: Regarding tips on using unordered lists

From: Brian Huisman <bhuisman@greywyvern.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:30:29 +0000
To: "Martin, Craig" <Craig.Martin@crsaustralia.gov.au>
Cc: www-qa@w3.org

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:04:26 -0400, Martin, Craig
<Craig.Martin@crsaustralia.gov.au> wrote:

> On the page reached through the link
> http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/unordered-lists the paragraph headed
> "Underused and maligned" indicates it is not good design to use
> clusters
> of <a></a> tags separated by vertical bars in the code.  Why then is
> that the way your banner menu is coded on that page?
>
> Your right side menu is similar in that it is a group of <a></a> tags.
> The only <ul></ul> tags on the page are in the "Further Reading"
> section.  Don't you feel this undermines the message you are trying to
> get across?

Craig,

I am acutely aware of your concerns, however, I only wrote the
article itself.  I was not in charge of designing the template for
the Tips pages.

I am copying the QA list on this email as you are not the first to
notice this.  I had originally hoped to "guilt" those in charge into
fixing up the template and making it more semantic, but so far it
seems I've had no luck ;)

Brian