Re: a WSDL whatsit? (conformance terminology)

Some afterthoughts:

Section 8.1 is the one that defines (or will define, once the editorial
changes are complete) a "conforming WSDL 2.0 document".  (We currently
use the term "WSDL document" in a number of places in the spec, so these
also need to be changed to "conforming WSDL 2.0 document".  Or perhaps
we should just make the term be "WSDL 2.0 document", to be slightly
briefer.)

It occurs to me that it would also make sense to move Part 1 section 8.1
to the beginning of the spec, so that the reader can begin with the
overall understanding of what constitutes a conformant WSDL 2.0 document
(which is what section 8.1 defines), and then drill down as the spec is
read.

I suggest moving section 8.1 immediately after section 1.1, so that
section 1 would proceed as follows:
	1.1 says what WSDL is all about (no change);
	1.2 (formerly 8.1) says what consitutes a conformant WSDL 2.0 document;
	1.3 (formerly 1.2) says what it means (no change);
	1.4 (formerly 1.3) defines notational conventions (no change).

--

David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard