QA Framework: Specification Guidelines: Umbrella specification

From: Gary Feldman <g1list_1a@marsdome.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:36:12 -0500
To: W3C QA Interest Group <www-qa@w3.org>

Is the entire discussion of umbrella specifications really necessary?
The word "umbrella" isn't used anywhere else in the document, and I'm
not sure that the concept is mentioned elsewhere.  I think it's enough
to have just the first two sentences "Specifications can be defined in
one or several ....in a well defined manner," but delete the clause
"denoted below as umbrella specifications" along with the figure and the
paragraph explaining the figure.

The idea of a composite document isn't rocket science, and doesn't
deserve this much space - at least not unless it played a more prominent
role later in the document.

Gary
http://www.marsdome.com