PERL Bug hunters? Re: A testing tool - MUTAT coming alive

[Bcc'ed to rdfig on the off chance that someone wants to help hunt down a bug
in some PERL that deals with RDF. It's not the most lovely code I have seen
either, but I am not yet in a position to replace the RDF stuff :-(
Follow-up, if any, to www-qa@w3.org please]

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

>All comments are welcome. And if anyone is an expert in PERL and has time to
>look through the code, I am having real trouble tracking down a bug which I
>will describe in a following email.

So:

I am trying to convert the Assertor information that is collected after you
have selected a test to use [1]. I have found, in EARL.pm how to make the
Assertor of type foaf:Person (line 38), but I cannot find in all the MUTAT
source code [2] where [1] gets the fields contactInfo and name, nor how it
decides what those represent :-( I figure it should be traceable from lines
129-140 of the main mutat script, in the sub user_questions but maybe not
being a great PERL programmer is blinding me to something really obvious.

[1] You can jump straight to this step (long URI):
<http://www.w3.org/QA/Tools/MUTAT/bin/mutat?script_status=1&TEST_uri=http://www.w3.org/QA/Tools/MUTAT/wcag.n3>

[2] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/perl/modules/W3C/MUTAT

and a correction to my last mail:
>[1] http://www.w3.org/QA/Tools/MUTAT is the developer page. There is a demo