Re: QASG last call comments: Modesty requirement

Le vendredi 04 février 2005 à 14:04 +0000, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> Now, Unicode, QASG, Charmod, and other specifications that other
> specifications are likely to claim conformance to are maybe not on that
> level of complexity, but I still don't see that it is sensible to claim
> conformance to them. Why would anyone _want_ co claim conformance, anyway?

For the same reason you want a vendor to say whether its products
conforms to such or such specification; when a vendor claims that it is
conformant to a specification, you can have certain expectations for
that product, and if they're not met, you can get back to the vendor
with reports of non-conformance as being bugs in the products.

Similarly, some groups in W3C have as success criteria for their
deliverables to conform with SepcGL; so we would expect them to claim
they conform after they checked they did, and we would report any
non-compliance as an issue for the spec.

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org