Specification Guidelines are a W3C Recommendation

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:54:36 -0400
To: www-qa@w3.org

Dear QA IG and QA WG participants,

This is the big news of the day for the W3C QA. We are pleased to
share the achievement of a long work. We are looking forward new
opportunities of work through the QA IG, more on this topic soon.

     A big thanks to everyone who participated to this adventure
through the QA IG and the QA WG.

* Specification Guidelines Are a W3C Recommendation,
   QA Working Group Completes Its Work

The World Wide Web Consortium today released [Specification
Guidelines][1] as a W3C Recommendation. Written for editors of W3C
technical reports, the guidelines explain how to define and specify
conformance.

The Quality Assurance (QA) Working Group has completed its work and
will close. The QA Interest Group will continue W3C's four-year QA
effort through mailing lists and online tools.

A press release has been [issued][2] in English, French and Japanese.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-qaframe-spec-20050817/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/qa-pressrelease

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***