Re: Extension/Extensibility examples in W3C Specifications

Ideally technology + its extension is conformant with the base spec

e.g.
XHTML + PoetryML is conformant XHTML

(I suspect that is not the case, but it is an ideal)

A hypothetical XHTML spec could suggest that user agents, when they come
across an extension they do not understand take some fall-back
behaviour, but recognise the input as *legal* rather than *illegal* (Of
course some users may wish to reject extensions)

Jeremy