regarding links

From: Jay Jones <jjones@fusionary.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:42:09 -0500
To: www-qa@w3.org

Hello, everyone!

I recently read Karl Dubost's QA article regarding the use of <link>s in
your documents (http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/use-links), and was intrigued
by it, so I emailed him. He requested that I post my question here for
everyone to benefit from, so here it is...

[quote]
Karl,
I read your quick tips article on W3C, and found it informative, but was
left confused.
How, I wondered, would someone utilize the links to other references and
helps as you pointed to in your article?

For example, if I used:

<link rel="Contents" href="/solar-system/contents.html" />

Which "points to the index of the section", how is that link actually
used by anyone?

A little clarification on how I can actually use these links would be
great... I already use them for stylesheets, but am intrigued with the
idea of new uses for it.

Thanks so much!
[/quote]

I would be extremely grateful for anyone's thoughts on this.