Re: Bug report - Image not displayed correctly on a QA page

Le mar 23/03/2004 à 22:35, w3@yvan256.net a écrit :
> Page:
> http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/noClickHere
>
> The image is 161x48 pixels but the img tag displays it at 130x48 pixels.

Thanks for the report, this is fixed now.

> I understand that structure should be technology-independant. So why
> does your pages don't end with a "/"?

Why should they end with a "/" to be technology-independent?

>  Those URLs I wrote above are
> asking the web server for no-extension files, not directories (unless
> I'm mistaken and/or missing something).

They are indeed, but that's fine. See:
http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI
" What to leave out
[...]
* File name extension. This is a very common one. "cgi", even ".html" is
something which will change. You may not be using HTML for that page in
20 years time, but you might want today's links to it to still be valid.
The canonical way of making links to the W3C site doesn't use the
extension"

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org