Re: Don't use "refresh" to redirect

Hi Karl,

The context is purely theoretical at the moment: I only just put a site
together and don't intend moving anything yet.

I have ftp access to server space made available by my provider: the
lowest class internet presence known to man. No access to the server
configuration, no way the administrator would answer my mail. But the
easiest way to put a small business on the web. Most of the 404 errors I
get come from this kind of site, judging by the addresses.

In big organisations, too, the content managers who want to move stuff
won't necessarily have an IT administrator who feels like reconfiguring
the server for them.

So if there are better client-side alternatives, it would be useful to
have them documented. If not, it would be useful to have that
documented, too.

> Say "hi" to Jean-Pierre Allain ;)
Sorry, don't know him. I'm only a member...

James