Re: New tip for W3C QA - Unordered lists: more than just bullets

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:02:27 +0900, olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:

> Hello Brian, all.
>
> On Jun 10, 2004, at 23:37, Brian Huisman wrote:
>> Just another note, any changes I make to the article will be visible
>> here:
>> http://www.greywyvern.com/code/unordered-lists.html
>> For instance, I corrected a couple spelling and grammatical errors
>> already...
>
> Isn't this latest version also a bit longer than the one Dom published?
> It seems to me length is the main, if not the only, issue with your
> draft tip.
>
> The document is, I think, very well written, clear, informative, but
> for the "tip" medium, perhaps a bit long. Somehow, even only the first
> block could be enough for a tip! But without being so extreme, the
> second block (thinking beyond bullets) could be left out. Similarly,
> the "benefits" could be summarized by saying that applying style to
> markup with proper semantics is a Good Thing (TM), but there again,
> that'd be too bad, there are very good points made in the development.
>
> What do you think?

You're probably right.  The "Thinking beyond bullets" section could
probably be summarized in a sentence or so tacked onto the section
above it.  Much of what is said here is only reiterated in the next
sections.

I'll make a note of it.

--
Brian Huisman