Re: Proposed Quality Tip -- URI Usability

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 16:54:27 +0100
To: Rajasekaran Deepak <deepakr@students.iiit.net>
Cc: www-qa@w3.org

> * http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-phillips-langtags-01.txt
>
>>It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
>>material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."
>

> I am citing the draft because I couldn't locate any RFC that supersedes it.
>
> Thank you,
> Rajasekaran Deepak

In the fullness of time it will supersede RFC 3066 (I hope), although my
guess is that there will be a draft-phillips-langtags-02 before that (just
a fairly uninformed guess).
I am not sure what RFC 3066 says, the para I quoted does genuinely reflect
actual practice, so I haven't pushed too hard on it in the ietf list
(despite not liking it much)

Jeremy