Re: [DRAFT] QA Tips - Gif versus PNG

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Le jeudi, 18 sep 2003, à 15:53 America/Montreal, Alex Rousskov a écrit :
> > I am simply correcting your understanding about W3C server behavior.
> > What do you want me to propose??
>
> Proposal to change the behaviour of a server with an agent asking for
> PNG. So it will be beneficial for the community.

If W3C thinks PNGs are better than GIFs, then W3C server should return
PNGs whenever a user agent claims to support PNGs. If W3C thinks GIFs
are better than PNGs, then current server configuration is OK. If W3C
has no opinion on the matter, the QA tip should reflect that as well.

If you are asking me for a particular Apache server configuration that
will server PNGs when possible, then you are talking to the wrong
person -- please contact W3C webmaster.

> >> make a proposal.
> >
> > Remove the bias or make the advice explicit.
>
> :) write it.

I thought you are posting tips for a review rather than a rewrite.
Sorry I cannot contribute more.

Alex.