Re: [qaframe-spec] What is testable?

Le jeudi, 4 sep 2003, à 17:34 America/Montreal, Bjoern Hoehrmann a
écrit :

> information". How would you "test" for example
>
>   <address
> xml:lang='x-bjoernhoehrmannish'>##39(ö)64..werhq%__</address>
>
> whether it meets my hypothetical requirements?

It could be exact. If it meets an address scheme. Yes. The XHTML Spec
doesn't say what must be your address scheme, you are free to choose.
If you think that address is not testable, it should not be in the spec
at all.

On a side note, I have commented on XHTML 2.0, to have precise way of
describing profiles, etc to have more interoperability.

You address scheme can be part of an extensible ontology.

It's exactly the same problem when you have an image and you have an
"alt" attribute. The content of the alt attribute must describe the
image, but the semiotics is something which is very subjective, even
more than the one for address.

REC WCAG 1.0
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/wai-pageauth.html#tech-text-equivalent
WD WCAG 2.0 http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#text-equiv