Question about proposed CP8.4

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 11:43:19 -0600
To: www-qa@w3.org

About the proposed rewrite of CP8.4:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2003Apr/0030.html

Previously, it was about "discretionary choices", and purposely -- we had
particular "choice" scenarios in mind.  Now it is about "discretionary
items" (choices, plus optionality, plus impl-dependent behaviors).  This
seems to go a bit beyond clarification.  The change is not mentioned in the
A-F rationales before the draft new text.

Is this intentional, or a slip?

(Ed note to SpecGL editors:  I think I pointed out that 'items' is
erroneously used in ConfReq of 8.3, while the CP is about 'choices'.)

Regards,
-Lofton.