Re: Question concerning redirection

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 17:45:28 -0700 (MST)
To: Pavel Tikhonov <prosvett1@mail.ru>
cc: www-qa@w3.org

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Pavel Tikhonov wrote:

> I'd like to use redirection, but I don't have full control over my
> virtual web server (I use free hosting service, server scripting is
> not supported). What options do I have?

As you know, you can use the "refresh" meta tag. Depending on your
environment, it may be the only option. I would check with the ISP
techincal support (if any) and web server documentation first though:
Your ISP might be willing to add your redirection rule to their server
configuration; there may also be a server-specific trick for users to
return non-200 HTTP responses without scripting.

HTH,

Alex.

--
www.measurement-factory.com | HTTP compliance+ - Co-Advisor test suite