Re: fixed positioning on http://www.w3.org/2001/06tips/reback

At 09:16 +0900 2003-06-04, Daniel Barclay wrote:
>(You weren't assuming that the user is using a full-width browser
>window, were you?  If so, remember to consider users with high-resolution
>screens but with half-screen-width windows.  (Half of 1152 or 1440 is
>still less than the 800 pixels some people assume.))

I'm the one who has designed the CSS, and I'm the one who is usually
using small windows (Mac User here)  and never have its windows in a
full screen mode. The meta is going under the window only when it
arrives to the box. You didn't propose any replacement solution.

1. put the menu with a z-index lower than the content so the meta
will go on top of it... not necessary good too.
2. remove the menu`
3. put a fixed width for the content so it pushes the menu on the
right (IMHO worse for small screen users)
4. wrap the meta.

What do you prefer?

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager