Interrelationships between dimensions of variability

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 03 Jun 2003 14:54:01 +0200
To: www-qa@w3.org
Hello,

I'm in the process of evaluating the work needed to write the new
chapter about the concepts used in the QA specification guidelines [1].
One of the section of this chapter is supposed to be a generic approach
on the relationships between dimensions of Variability [2].

In my opinion, a good way to sensibilise the readers about this aspect
would be to provide an informative table about typical problematic
relationships between DoV. The goal would be to fill each cases of the
table at http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2003/06/dov-relations

So, if you have any experience showing how such or such DoV
relationships hurt interoperability, or some specific details on points
that should be addressed when combining DoV X and DoV Y, please share
them with us, and I'll try to keep the table up to date (and probably
integrate it in the SpecGL later on).

Thanks,

Dom

1. http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/#docs