Re: CSS3 UI - partial implementations

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Karl Dubost wrote:

> We will be faced soon to a new kind of specifications:
> Pick up what you want in your shopping list :/
>
> CSS3 Abstract
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-css3-ui-20030703
>
> "The Working Group doesn't expect that all implementations of CSS3
> will implement all properties or values. "

How is that different from a good old SHOULD or MAY (i.e.,
semi-optional and optional features)? Sounds the same to me. For
example, an HTTP implementation MAY cache and/or MAY support OPTIONS
request.

I do not see a problem as long as all "shopping list" items are
clearly marked and lack of their support does not affect
interoperability of compliant implementations.

Alex.