Re: LC-67 leftover -- MUST use MUST

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>
> > P.S. I doubt I would ever write a "2+2 MUST be X" statement in a
> >      spec. I am using provided examples simply to illustrate the
> >      point that it is impossible to clearly specify when to use
> >      MUSTs and when to use BEs. Note that the original question of
> >      this thread is somewhat different: whether anything but MUSTs
> >      can be used in a compliant specification to form CRs?
>
> Yes your
>
> [[Conformance requirements: The test suite MUST define it scopes,
> goal, and intended purpose.]]
>
> seems to be a semantic error to me. The developer of the test suite
> may have to define its scopes and goals.
> Test suites don't have to do anything.

You seem to be confused about Test Guidelines authorship.
While I find the tone of your "Review of Test Guidelines"
inappropriate, I agree that the practical value of that
document is likely to be relatively low until W3C becomes
more bureaucratic and boring organization than its seems
to be right now.

Alex.

--
www.measurement-factory.com | HTTP compliance+ - Co-Advisor test suite