(unknown charset) Re: QA Matrix improvements

From: (unknown charset) Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:02:35 -0600 (MDT)
To: (unknown charset) Dominique Haza√ęl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
cc: (unknown charset) www-qa@w3.org

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Dominique [ISO-8859-1] HazaŽl-Massieux wrote:

> > 1b. Consider having three [borderless] columns inside the
> >     "Validator..." column so that it is easy to see which specs
> >     lack a test suite, for example. Cool undocumented image icons
> >     can then be replaced with a well-understood check-mark icon.
>
> If you have a specific formatted proposal, that would be helpful...
> We have tried several solutions (as Karl pointed out), but nothing
> really good as of today...

a) Replace "Validator, Test ..." column heading with a shorter
"Properties" heading or equivalent.

b) When a spec lacks a given property, put a transparent image (or
some CSS spacer?) so that all visible property icons align vertically.

The same may be done with table columns, but I am not sure CSS/HTML
has enough controls to remove borders around inner columns. Sorry, I
do not have time to implement (b) above to provide an illustration.

$0.02,

Alex.

--
www.measurement-factory.com | HTTP compliance+ - Co-Advisor test suite