Definition for Specification Category in SpecGL

From: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:00:29 -0400
To: www-qa@w3.org

A definition is needed for "category of object", a term introduced in
SpecGL G2 "Identify what needs to conform and how" and checkpoint 2.3
"Identify which of the categories of object".

We have already agreed to change this term to "specification category"
And, I propose the following definition:

Specification category: the generic name for the type of specification and
the technology it describes.

Comments are welcome.
Lynne