Re: Short Spec and Spec Guidelines

From: David Marston/Cambridge/IBM <david_marston@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:06:49 -0400
To: www-qa@w3.org

>How a short Spec like
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-soap12-af-20020924/ can conform with
>the Spec Guidelines?
>No conformance section, etc. The question is open in the sense does
>it make sense or not?

Many checkpoints can be evaluated on it, and some represent areas for
possible improvement. For example, I think they need to convey whether
the Attachment Feature is a "module" as we understand it. So yes, I
think it makes sense to apply Spec Guidelines to this and other short
Recommendation documents that have MUST statements.
.................David Marston