Re: Should SpecGL be a spec?

Hmm.  Let me elaborate a bit..... I found the DoV discussion and its
definition in the glossary somewhat difficult to understand (after several
reads, I'm still not sure I  understand the definition).  I also agree with
Alex that the SpecGL shouldn't read like a novel, thus I think there may be
too much discussion of DoV.  I'm not saying that all of it should be
removed, but I think it may be possible to cut it down and link to a white
paper for the more detailed explanation.  You bring up an important point -
the rationale for why DoV was 'invented' - that background is important and
currently not available to those not involved in its 'creation'.  Again,
the white paper would be a good place to capture this evolution information.

On another point - I'm somewhat bothered by the long explanations after
many of the Guidelines  (e.g., GL2, GL3). I'm not saying this is bad
information, only that it takes a bit of reading to get from the GL to the
actual Ckpt  So, by the time I get to the Ckpt, I forgot the GL.  I don't
have a recommendation for what to do about this.  I think that some of the
problem will go away, when we extract the examples and put them in the
ExTech document.

regards
lynne