Re: Should SpecGL be a spec?

At 12:10 PM 9/5/02 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>[...]
>Measuring is good, though the result of such an exercise is already
>known: SpecGL is not SpecGL-compliant, at any level.

Yes, but it gives us specific data about the ways in which SpecGL is
deficient.  We are also applying SpecGL to other specifications.  At this
point, our principal goal with those exercises is not to rate the other
specifications, but to help us understand what works and what doesn't in
SpecGL.

>To become
>self-compliant, SpecGL would probably need to be restructured and
>rewritten in a major way (IMO). I would recommend that the exercise is
>given the highest (priority 1?) priority and that already-known core
>issues are discussed before they are written up in the revised spec.

It is a good point, that SpecGL-on-SpecGL ought to happen before the next
WD (1-nov).  On issues -- "core issues" as well as any others   -- it is
our intention to mine these (IG-list) comments and discussions for specific
issues and enter them into the QAWG Issues List [1], to ensure that they
are addressed and brought to closure.

-Lofton.

[1] http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/qawg-issues-html