Please comment: proposed Test Suite framework and process for XFo rms

From: Micah Dubinko <MDubinko@cardiff.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:16:36 -0700
To: "'www-qa@w3.org'" <www-qa@w3.org>
QA friends and experts:

My employer has recently allocated time for me to work on an XForms Test
Suite. Please look at the attached documents, which are a proposed Test
Suite framework and process for XForms 1.0, which will be entering CR
shortly.

process.html
   The proposed process document, based on the DOM Test Suite process
document

testcase.xml
   This is the proposed test case document format. It's based on the SVG
test case language, except that the actual XForms bits are intended to be in
the same document. Various XSLTs, not yet written, will transform the test
cases into XHTML 2.0/SVG/XSL-FO/whatever "containing documents" with XForms
inside.

xforms-features.txt
   This is my initial estimate of what needs to be covered for a Basic
Effectivity test of XForms 1.0. It may be wildly inaccurate.

If anyone can review this before Friday, 6 Sep, your comments will be
considered at the upcoming f2f, which starts on Monday 9 Sep.

Also, it will be necessary for the test suite to have a server component
that can echo back exactly what it received. If anyone has suggestions on
how to accomplish this, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

.micah