Re: Spec Guideline: audience and expectations (re: issue #88)

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:57:06 +0900
To: www-qa@w3.org

At 14:14 -0400 2002-10-02, David Marston/Cambridge/IBM wrote:
>The audience of SpecGL would be spec evaluators and editors. The SpecGL
>also affects the audience of the specs subject to evaluation. As I see

We have to keep in mind that Editors inside W3C are not usually
people who have a 5 years experience on writing specifications for
W3C. They are hardly technical writer.

Many people who start to write a specification are new people at W3C
or even at writing such a document. So the audience is the one you
said, but we have to teach them in simple words and clear concepts,
if we don't do that, we will loose our audience even before they
start writing the spec.

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/