Re: Testable assertion tagging for W3C specifications

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 14:11:58 -0600
To: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>, Carmelo <carmelo@nist.gov>
Cc: www-qa@w3.org

At 01:37 PM 5/31/02 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:

>On Fri, 31 May 2002, Carmelo wrote:
>
> >     I been monitoring the conversation regarding tagging of the
> > specs for test case generation.  We also need to consider the
> > possibility (if not yet suggested) of doing this work as an
> > "add-on" to the specs.  [...]
>
>If my interpretation of your "add-on tagging" is correct, then an
>addressing scheme I am arguing for can help: One can use
>addresses/citations to identify/extract test assertions or whatever is
>needed to auto-generate a test case. [...]

Carmelo, I would be interested to hear details.  What is added-on to the
specs and how?  Do you point from the test suite to test assertions in the
spec?  Do you point by section number, or by Xpointer-like address, or by
element (id), or ...?  Do you also extract the test assertion text (into
the test suite), or just point?

A brief summary along these lines would be interesting.

Thanks,
-Lofton.