Re: Testable assertion tagging for W3C specifications

* scott_boag@us.ibm.com wrote:
>A colleague and I have been talking about how to do more precise testing of
>W3C specifications, and how the specification markup might help.

>So our proposal is to add a tagging structure to
>http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/06/xmlspec-report.htm,
>http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/06/xmlspec.dtd, that allows editors to achieve
>the above goals.

The problem I see here, is that in fact only a very small number of
technical reports are written uisng the xmlspec document type. Maybe
it'd be a better idea to have some informal XHTML classes for this
purpose, if that's not anyway the ides. This would be way easier to
adopt by Working Groups and users of technical reports also have
access to this information.