RE: W3C QA news now a RSS feed

At 11:08 AM 3/7/2002 +0000, Brian Kelly wrote:
>Following on from my previous message a colleague informs me that the
>W3C QA RSS feed not only contains RSS elements, but also some additional
>ones (span, br, etc.).  Our RSS application uses the XML-RSS-0.97 parser
>from CPAN and it gives the message:
>
>   Malformed RSS: invalid version
>   at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line 462

As not to cross-post lists, the relevant bits are  ...

[[
...in my haste for pulling together a prototype [1] I got a bit carried
away by the power of Jena [2] and flexibility of viewing RSS 1.0 in terms
of RDF :)

Indeed after re-reading the spec, and being scolded accordingly on the
RDFIG IRC [3] :) I realized indeed that we defined this in terms of #PCDATA
and the use of rdf:ParseType="Literal" for indicating #CDATA was not allowed.

Sorry for the confusion. I've made the appropriate modification to the
transformation [4] and it should be working now.

Brian, thanks for bringing this to my attention, but as no good deed goes
unpunished :) could you please confirm (or not confirm) that this is indeed
working for you?

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/10/glance/view/
[2] http://www.hpl.hp.com/semweb/jena-top.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/RDF/Interest/#irc
[4] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/html2rss.xsl

>This would appear to be a problem with someone's code, and therefore
>out-of-scope for the QA group (but you may wish to know if your news

This indeed was a problem with someone's (my) code, and as such I think may
indeed out-of-scope for this group (not that I couldn't indeed use some QA! :).

>feed can't be read!).  However I think it does raise an issue concerning
>the testing of extensible formats, which presumably should be in scope.

Others more qualified than I in this area can respond to this.

>I guess Dominique and Eric Miller, W3C might also be interested in this,
>so I've copied the message to them.

Yes, thanks again for catching this.

semantic web activity lead               mailto:em@w3.org
w3c world wide web consortium            tel:1.614.763.1100
200 technology square, ne43-350          fax:1.208.330.5213
cambridge, ma 02139 usa