Re: Should modules be divisible?

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 12 Aug 2002 15:14:00 +0200
To: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Cc: www-qa@w3.org

Le lun 12/08/2002 ŗ 14:58, Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux a ťcrit :
> The broader question behind that would be: should profiles use subset of
> modules? As the verbiage mentions it, some do (SVG is mentioned, CSS3
> seems to follow the same road [1])
>
> 1. see http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#profiling for instance

Sorry for the noise, but I've just read the CSS3 Introduction that seems
to say just the contrary:
"Subsets of CSS are limited to combining selected CSS modules, and once
a module has been chosen, all of its features must be supported."
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-roadmap/#whymods

Anyway, I think it just shows that there is a clear need for
clarifications.

Dom
W3C/INRIA
mailto:dom@w3.org