Re: Is standarisation of Web terminology in scope for QA?

> I've recently joined the QA IG mailing list and have a question.

Welcome Brian!

> W3C did do some work in this area some time ago, as part of the Web
> Characterisation activity - but this work stopped some time ago.

Yes, the latest draft is
  Web Characterization Terminology & Definitions Sheet
  W3C Working Draft 24-May-1999
  http://www.w3.org/1999/05/WCA-terms/

> Would addressing this issue be within the scope of the QA activity?   I
> guess the "Coordination with External Groups" would support dialogue
> with the Web Advertising and the Web Auditing Community standardisation
> work.

We have a glossary of QA terms as part of our deliverable, so this
could be part of it (the objects of QA).

Note that the TAG (http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/) would also need
something like that in its description of the Web architecture.