agreed during this morning's telcon I've collated all of the feedback
into the list below. Please ask if you need clarification.
Thanks for your help with editing this document.
* Globally: all Dublin Core references (in See Also sections) should
upper-cased (eg "identifier" -> "Identifier")
* Globally: replace "test case(s)" with "test(s)"
* Abstract: replace with:
"The definition and provision of metadata has proved helpful in a
variety of ways during the test development and test execution
processes. This document defines a minimal set of metadata elements
usefully be applied to tests that are intended for publication within a
* Status of this document: s/a Interest Group note/an Interest Group
* Table of Contents: is missing?
* Introduction: replace with text to be provided in a separate message
* 2.2 Example: need space between "Title" and "element"
* 2.3 Syntax: replace with "Free-form (hypertext) or constrained plain
* 2.3 Comments: replace with: "The Purpose
kept short enough (a 'one
liner') to be displayed in tabular format (other constraints, for
example a prohibition on embedded newlines, may also be required to
ensure that this element can be processed by various tools). The Description
element should be used where a more detailed explanation is
* 2.3 See Also: link to "SpecRef" is broken ("specref", "SpecRef")
* 2.5 Example:
(Also, delete extra period inside closing paren)
* 2.6 Syntax: replace with "Freeform hypertext or more usefully a link
to markup or anchors in the text of the specification.
* 2.7 Comments: did we agree to remove this comment? If you think we
did, please do so.
* 2.8 Example: need space between "input_file" and "element"
* 2.9 Example: need space between "output_file" and "element"
* 2.10 Description: s/thatallows/that allows"
* 2.10 Comment: add "It is unclear whether it is necessary to apply
version numbers to individual tests. More common practice is to version
the entire test suite. Ideally tests will not need to be revised as the
specification evolves. However, this is sometimes necessary, and at a
minimum each Working Group should define SpecRef and possibly other
metadata such as Grouping elements to indicate which versions of the
specification an individual test supports."
* 2.13 Example: Richard clarified the meaning of the acronym DMTF, but
now that it's been explained to me I think this telephony example is
too specialized to be used here. So, let's just delete the final ",
voice or dtmf".
should be preceded by "3"
s/Richard Kennedy/Richard T. Kennedy/
David Marson't affiliation is "IBM Research"
should be preceded by "4"