Re: QAH final editors draft

At 01:33 PM 9/2/2005 -0400, Karl Dubost wrote:
>Hi Lofton,
>

>Le 05-08-31 à 13:50, Lofton Henderson a écrit :
>>># Good Practice 1: Decide as soon as possible — will the Working
>>>Group build test materials or acquire them?
>>># Good Practice 2: Think about and enumerate the quality-related
>>>deliverables that might help the Working Group through the
>>>Recommendation track.
>>># Good Practice 3: Synchronize quality-related deliverables and
>>>their development milestones with specification milestones.
>>
>>These are a bit long for the toc/index layout.  The ideal solution
>>would be a careful rewrite to shorten the GLs and GPs themselves,
>>and move extra wording into "What means", "Why care", etc.  But
>>that's too much work for now.
>
>Yes I really that would be the ideal solution for it.
>
>>Should we abbreviate the representation of the GPs in the index?
>>For example:
>>

>>># Good Practice 1: ... build test materials or acquire them?
>>># Good Practice 2: ... enumerate the quality-related deliverables ...
>>># Good Practice 3: Synchronize quality-related deliverables ...
>>>with specification milestones.
>
>No I don't think that's a good idea.
>

>I would propose two options:
>
>1. that we publish with long sentences now and take an action for the
>QA IG to republish with rewriting of the sentences.

Of these two options, I like this one.

>2. That we hold on the publication rewriting the publication and the
>sentences with a deadline to work out or if a volunteer want to
>tackle the sentences.

I think this option is not a good idea.

Reason:  these are stylistic improvements.  The new draft already contains
substantive improvements and corrections, for better coordination with
SpecGL, TestFAQ, etc, and its publication should not be further delayed for
stylistic improvements.  Plus, we all have plenty of other substantive
stuff to do (like getting the templates in order, getting the Test Model
ready for first release, etc.)