Re: Test case metadata: Purpose and Description

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:55:52 -0400
To: "'www-qa-wg@w3.org'" <www-qa-wg@w3.org>

Le 2005-08-31 à 17:36, Patrick Curran a écrit :
> While finishing up the test case metadata document I find that I'm
> still confused between Description and Purpose. I think we agreed
> that one would be a "one liner" (suitable for inclusion in a table)
> while the other would be longer.

If it can help going back to a dictionary.

*** Source: WordNet (r) 2.0 ***
description
      n 1: a statement that represents something in words [syn: {verbal
           description}]
      2: the act of describing something
      3: sort or variety; "every description of book was there"

*** Source: WordNet (r) 2.0 ***
purpose
      n 1: an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your
           planned actions; "his intent was to provide a new
           translation"; "good intentions are not enough"; "it was
           created with the conscious aim of answering immediate
           needs"; "he made no secret of his designs" [syn: {intent},
            {intention}, {aim}, {design}]
      2: what something is used for; "the function of an auger is to
         bore holes"; "ballet is beautiful but what use is it?"
         [syn: {function}, {role}, {use}]
      3: the quality of being determined to do or achieve something;
         "his determination showed in his every movement"; "he is a
         man of purpose" [syn: {determination}]
      v 1: propose or intend; "I aim to arrive at noon" [syn: {aim},
{purport},
            {propose}]
      2: reach a decision; "he resolved never to drink again" [syn:
{resolve}]

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***